The PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on is an excellent tool for loading M3U playlists. However, it has one big disadvantage. It can load only one playlist. When loading a new playlist it overwrites the old one. Most people have multiple playlists, so this is a big limitation. Fortunately, there is the Playlist Loader add-on that can load multiple playlists. This obviously makes life a lot easier.
Here are the instructions on how to install Playlist Loader:
- Download the following ZIP file
- Launch Kodi
- Click the Settings icon
- Click System settings
- Hover over Add-ons
- Click Unknown source to enable it (if you didn’t do it already)
- Go back to the Kodi home page
- Click Add-ons
- Click the Add-on browser icon
- Click Install from zip file
- Locate the ZIP file that you downloaded and click on it
- Wait till you see Add-on installed message
How to load playlists:
- Click Playlist Loader
- Click Add a new list
- Enter list name and click OK
- Enter remote list (URL) or local list (file) and click OK
- Choose list logo and click OK (you can click None if there is no logo)
- Select channels logos source (you can click None if there are no logos)
- Select minutes for cache the list on disk and click Done
- Now the new playlist is added to the list. The number of playlists is unlimited.
Playlists that are related to each other can be stored under one directory. This way it is easier to find a specific playlist.
How to create a directory for playlists:
- Click Add a new directory
- Enter directory name and click OK
- Select an icon for this directory and click OK (or click Cancel if there is no icon)
- Now the new directory is added to the list. The number of directories is unlimited.
How to add a playlist to the directory:
- Hover over the playlist you want to add
- Click the menu button
- Click Add to existing directory
- Click on the directory you want the playlist to be added
That’s all, now you can load multiple M3U playlists using the Playlist loader add-on. Enjoy it!