Video game streaming is a popular activity that involves sharing the games you play with the audience in real-time. Imagine inviting the entire Internet to watch you play. If you don’t know how to choose the right platform to stream your gaming, keep on reading.
How Do I Get Noticed for Streaming?
Before you start streaming video games, you need to pay attention to your preparation. You need to have a smooth gaming experience to be able to share it with others and receive feedback and activity. To become successful, especially on popular platforms, you need to consider several points in advance. Before we start discussing the peculiarities of each gaming platform, let’s cover the main preparation aspects.
Your device and its functionality are decisive for your success in streaming. We won’t talk much about the additional gear like a headset, lighting, or a webcam. You can watch popular streams on different platforms and see what equipment gamers use. You need to think from the viewpoint of your future viewer. Define the gear you lack or need to upgrade immediately. We understand that equipping yourself with top gear is impossible because of the high price. But still, the quality of your streaming should be a priority.
It may seem obvious. However, many gamers forget about this crucial aspect. The device problems are not always the reason for the poor gaming experience. Ensure you have the highest possible speed for both download and upload. You need to choose a reliable ISP that wouldn’t track your activity. Otherwise, you may need a VPN to mask your activity and unblock the games.
Access to Games and Platforms
Geolocation restrictions are another point you should pay attention to. Using a VPN will help you unblock all games and enjoy unlimited access to them at high speed. Services like VeePN let you unblock games on any device and access all gaming platforms. You can download a few VPN services to compare how they work for your gaming experience. The trial option is usually included, and you can test the functionality before purchasing the whole version. As a rule, there is a free period, so you don’t need to worry about money.
If you ask, “What are the golden hours for streaming?” they may vary in different areas. But in general, they are from 12 am to 9 am. You need to be the most active during this time period.
If you plan to turn game streaming into your professional activity, you need to consider the financial aspect as well. When it comes to the question, which live streaming platform pays the most, the answer is Bigo Live. However, there are several other streaming platforms that also pay good money. Do some research beforehand and find out whether the payment system is transparent on a chosen platform.
The Best Live Streaming Platforms to Become Successful in 2021
Here is a list of the most widely used platforms to choose from.
Twitch remains a leading platform for broadcasting video game sessions on the web. This is the best alternative to streaming services such as Netflix.
- Wide functionality for streamers and viewers
- Apps for a wide range of devices
- Free and paid options
- Free items and bonuses for subscribers
- Own software to broadcast from PC
- Broadcasting from mobile devices
- Detailed analytical tools
- Easy to create and export clips
- A paid subscription doesn’t remove all the ads
- No official software for Nintendo switch or Roku app
- Getting a partner status is difficult
This is an existing Facebook Gaming Service upgraded for a more convenient experience from mobile devices.
- Offers the content based on your Facebook interests
- Creator Studio available
- You don’t need VPN to access this platform
- Easy-to-use because of Facebook-like interface
- iOS version needs improvements
- Several monetization options
- Not the most logical interface compared to other platforms
Basically, live gamer streaming takes place inside the YouTube platform. Earlier it was a separate content part, but for now, YouTube integrated it with the main platform. It can be considered an advantage for users as the viewing time grew considerably after such changes.
- Simple interface
- Easy recording and uploading videos
- When the stream is over, it is automatically uploaded on YouTube
- Ability to integrate Google AdSense
- SEO optimization opportunities
- Live streams are mixed with previously recorded videos
- Requires a separate recording app for PC
This platform tries to go beyond game streaming but remains the most popular because of this activity.
- No ads in the free version
- Built-in tools for desktop streaming
- Stylish interface
- Popular channel for mainstream entertainment
- User community
- Easy to start earning money
- Not the best choice for mobile streaming
- Console or set-top box apps required
- No stream archiving
- Users from some areas may need special tools to unblock the games
To Wrap Up
Stop spending time watching others play video games. Start earning money on it using the popular live streaming platforms. With the help of a VPN, you can play any game and gather a large audience.