Trakt is a service that keeps track of the movies and TV shows you watch. Every title you watch is stored in your account history, and you can find new content based on your watching activities. If you have multiple devices using the same account, this information is synced across all of them. Another useful feature of Trakt is the ability to view public playlists of other users, and this way find additional content that matches your interests.
You can use Kodi to authorize and sync your Trakt account. Most of the popular Kodi add-ons support Trakt and provide perfect integration between the two platforms.
Here are the instructions on how to setup Trakt on Kodi:
You first need to sign up for Trakt here.
After doing so, you need to authorize Trakt for every add-on. There may be minor differences between the settings of each add-on regarding Trakt.
Here is how to authorize Trakt:
- Launch Kodi
- Hover over Add-ons
- Hover over the add-on you want to use with Trakt and click the menu button, then click Settings
- Hover over Accounts
- Click Authorize under the Trakt section. A popup will appear with a code
- Go to https://trakt.tv/activate, enter the code and click Continue
- Click Yes to allow the add-on to use your account
- Once the authorization is complete, you will see your Trakt username in the Trakt section
How to watch your Trakt list in Kodi:
There may be minor differences between how the Trakt list is named between the different add-ons.
- Launch Kodi
- Hover over Add-ons
- Click on the add-on you want to use
- Click My Movies or My TV Shows for some of the add-ons. Click My Trakt List for the other add-ons
What can you do with Trakt?
If you are a movie fan, Trakt offers you many useful features. You first need to log in to your account, once doing so you will find your dashboard. In the dashboard you can find the following features:
- Get suggestions for new shows and movies you might like
- Find where you can watch a show or movie on hundreds of streaming services
- Catalog your entire shows and movies collection
- View the full history of everything you watched
- Track your progress by getting full overview of your collected and watched movies and shows
- Create personal lists for movies, shows, seasons, episodes and actors
- Use a personalized calendar so you won’t miss a new episode or a new movie
- Watch featured lists created by other users
- Create a watchlist for the movies and shows you plan to watch
- View your comments and ratings
- Check what is popular according to the trends of the community
- Share your activity on social networks
- Follow and discover friends
- Get email and push notifications
What is Trakt VIP?
Trakt is a free service, but it also has a paid VIP service which includes all the features of the free service and also additional features. Here is a list of the features only for VIP:
- No advertising as in the free service
- Extended stats for your watching activities for every year and for all time
- Advanced filtering for the calendar, TV section and movie section by genre, certification, language, country, network, year, runtime and rating
- Get your history, collection, lists, comments and ratings as iCal and RSS feeds
- Export your history, collection, lists, comments and ratings to CSV file
- Calendar notifications
- VIP badges
- Widget to share your profile stats and what you’re watching
- Profile header image
- Dark theme for the entire Trakt website
- VIP discussion forum
- Integration with Plex media server
- Integration with Amazon Alexa
That’s all, now you can use Trakt and find new content much easier!