The Downloader app allows Android, Android TV and Firestick owners to easily download files from the internet to their devices. You can enter a URL that directly points to a file or use the built-in web browser to download files from websites.
With the Downloader URL shortener, typing long URLs for the files you want to download is not needed anymore. You only need to type a short code, and this way download the file much faster and easier. You can create a short code for every Android APK or Kodi ZIP file you want to install.
How to install the Downloader app
How to create short codes for the Downloader app
- Click here to go to the URL shortener website
- Click on Enter URL to shorten… in the edit box
- Enter the URL you want to shorten
- Click on the I’m not a robot check box
- Click Shorten
- You will be redirected to a page dedicated to your URL, where the short code and short URL are shown. Use the short code in the Downloader app and the short URL in any browser to load your URL
How to install a ZIP file of a Kodi add-on
- Launch the Downloader app
- Enter the short code for the ZIP file and click Go
- A Download popup will appear
- Click Done once the download was completed
- Launch Kodi
- Click Add-ons
- Click the Add-on browser icon
- Click Install from zip file
- Click External Storage
- Click Downloader
- Click on the ZIP file
- Wait till you see an Add-on installed message
That’s all, now you can use the Downloader short codes to download files much easier.