If you have issues with an Android TV box, like your Kodi has become corrupted, or having extreme buffering problems, a factory reset may be the best way to solve them. Resetting the device will return it to the initial state as it was when you first purchased it. All the apps and data will be erased, so factory reset should be done as a last resort after nothing else worked.
Here are instructions on how to factory reset an Android TV box:
- Click Settings on the Android TV box screen
- Click Storage & Reset
- Click Factory data reset
- Click Factory data reset again
- Click Erase everything
Here is how to do an Android TV box pinhole reset:
If your device is not functioning and you can’t access the settings screen, this option might work.
- Unplug the power cord of the Android TV box
- Press and hold the reset button found inside the pinhole of the device with a toothpick or paper clip
- Reconnect the power cord while pressing the button
- Keep holding the button pressed for 15 seconds and then release it
- Wait till you see a recovery mode screen
- Click Wipe data/factory reset
- Click Yes to confirm
- Once the process was completed, click Boot system now
Following those instructions, it is easy to factory reset your device and return to its initial state.