One of the main reasons for the popularity of the Amazon Fire TV Stick is the remote, which is included when purchasing the device. However, sometimes the remote stop working and you have no way to control your device. This problem can be solved easily in most cases, as there are common reasons for it.
Here are the reasons for the Fire Stick remote not working:
Fire Stick displays low battery status, however, this notification doesn’t mean the batteries are fully depleted and you can still use the remote. Replace the batteries with new ones only when the remote stop working. In most cases, it should solve the problem.
The pairing between the remote and the device may be lost. In order to pair them again, you need to do the following:
- Unplug your Fire Stick from the power outlet for 10 seconds
- Plug it back in and wait until it boots up
- Hold down the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds
- Release the button and check if the remote works
- If the remote still doesn’t work, try repeating the process. It may take several times until you succeed
Distance and interference
Try moving the remote closer to the device and make sure there are no obstacles between them. Try disconnecting electrical devices that may cause interference with the signal.
If you purchased a remote separately from the device, make sure it is compatible, otherwise, it may not work properly.
If nothing helps, probably the remote is damaged and you need to purchase a new one. If you own another remote which works, try switching between them. If the other remote works with the device, then you know for sure the remote is damaged.
You can use the Amazon Fire TV app on the mobile as remote instead of regular remote. The app includes features like virtual keyboard, voice search, easy navigation and quick access to apps and games. You can download it for the following platforms:
Here is how to get it working with your Fire Stick:
- Turn on your Fire Stick and wait until it boots up
- Download and install the app on your mobile
- Open the app and sign in to your Amazon account
- Select your Fire Stick from the list of devices
- Enter the code which appears on the screen
That’s all, now you can solve the issue you have with the remote and keep enjoying your device!